Most people see the new year as an opportunity to better themselves both physically and mentally. It is also the perfect time to develop good habits (and break bad ones) related to vision and eye health. To help you get started on these changes, the trusted eye doctor in the area, Joel H McGahen OD, shares some excellent vision and eye health resolutions to keep in mind for 2022:
- Eat healthier. The fact is that good vision is tied to your diet. This year, why not add healthier food options to your everyday meals? Some fine examples of vision-boosting foods include salmon and tuna, which are rich in Omega-3, and leafy greens such as kale, spinach and collard greens, which contain lutein. Eggs are protein-rich and bell peppers and citrus fruits are a good source of Vitamin C. And don’t forget whole grains, such as barley and quinoa, which contain B-vitamins and help regulate blood sugar.
- Visit your eye doctor. To confirm whether your vision is still 20/20, and ensure you have no developing eye conditions, you should see more of your local optometrist, Joel H McGahen OD, this year. Visiting us for your regular eye exams is integral to maintaining your eye health. It also allows us to mitigate any possible vision problems you may be having. During your visit with us, we may also advise you about any lifestyle changes you should consider to help you preserve your eyesight.
- Take better care of your eyewear. Contact lenses and eyeglasses offer a safe and effective way to correct your vision. But to ensure your safety and comfort, they will need proper cleaning and maintenance. Make sure to:
- Sterilize your case regularly.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before touching your contact lenses.
- Store your eyeglasses properly when they’re not in use.
- Avoid using saliva or water to clean your contacts.
- Use only the solution recommended by your eye doctor.
Schedule Your Appointment
From high-quality eyeglasses and contact lenses, to advanced eye care solutions and treatments, Joel H McGahen OD will definitely deliver. We will assist you in maintaining clearer and healthier eyesight–this year and beyond–when you turn to us for your vision needs. Call us today at (717) 264-4012 or fill out this request form to schedule your eye consultation. We proudly serve the areas in and around Chambersburg, PA.