Get Outfitted With the Perfect Contact Lenses Today
Eyewear is an innovative tool to help users with vision impairments to enjoy optimal comfort and function during the completion of daily tasks. However, for some patients, eyeglasses may pose an inconvenience, and for others it can be difficult to find a style they are comfortable with. In such situations, contact lenses are an excellent resource to allow for optimal vision without having to wear glasses all of the time. Dr. Joel McGahen is a professional optometrist who can provide you with a thorough consultation to get you outfitted with quality lenses to help restore your vision in a way that is comfortable for you.
Types of Lenses
Contact lenses comes in a variety of types to give you the option of choosing something that will meet your needs. Here are some of the kinds you can choose:
- Gas-permeable (GP) lenses: For users experiencing significant vision loss, gas-permeable lenses are able to provide clear and sharp vision. It is important to note that this type of contact lens requires consistent wear in order to adapt to them and wear them comfortably.
- Silicone hydrogels: With high oxygen permeability, these lenses are similar to GP lenses.
- Soft lenses: One of the most popular types of lenses, these must be replaced frequently (daily, weekly or monthly) to allow for optimal comfort and vision. With a close fit to the eye, many athletes prefer soft lenses because they don’t dislodge easily and pose a threat to vision and performance.
- Multifocal lenses: These lens operate similarly to bifocal glasses to give users both near and far distance vision.
- Custom designed bifocal contact lenses
- Color contact lenses: For users seeking something unique, color contact lens is an excellent option. Certain styles can change the color and look of your eye completely while still providing enhanced vision.
Call Us Today!
With the assistance of Dr. McGahen, you can get quality contact lenses to enhance your vision. Call us today at (717) 264-4012 or visit our online form for more information.